Is Your Tattoo Removal Clinic Safe?
Getting a tattoo can be a big decision, but removing it can be an even bigger one. Especially considering how some of the removal methods can be risky when left in the wrong hands.
MEDermis Laser Clinic was founded in 2006 and in the past thirteen years we have been working hard to provide our clients with the best: the best customer service, the best treatment plans, and the best in laser technology. During our time in business, we’ve accumulated an impressive Before & After gallery, one of the largest in the industry. The gallery is full of photos that we have taken ourselves, which highlight the results that our clients have experienced – no altered images or false advertising, here!
Many other laser removal clinics out there can’t say the same and unfortunately, many clients aren’t aware of some of the questionable practices those clinics follow when promoting themselves.
Today we’re going to highlight a few things that you should be aware of before choosing a laser tattoo removal clinic. Taking the time to do a little research could keep you safe!
Four Things to Know When Choosing a Laser Tattoo Removal Clinic
During our nearly 14 years of service, we’ve compiled an impressive and extensive Before & After gallery. If it took us this many years to gather these images, how can it be possible for a young removal clinic to have dozens of pictures already? If you want to ensure that you’re making a safe choice when looking for laser tattoo removal here are some things to know when choosing a laser tattoo removal clinic.
- The Age of the Clinic: New businesses are starting all the time and it’s not uncommon for laser technicians to move around to different clinics. However, a clinic that’s only a few years old cannot have a Before & After gallery that is as extensive as one from an established clinic, like MEDermis Laser Clinic. This is simply because it takes time to curate these photos – time that a newly opened clinic has not yet had.
- Have Pictures Been Altered: At MEDermis we take all of our before and after photos in our facilities and we do not alter our photos. However, it is not uncommon for some clinics to edit the photos they share. Take your time to do a little research on the laser removal clinic you’re looking at by reading reviews or asking around friends and family that may have visited. At the very least, you should be aware that editing photos is not unheard of.
- Where the Lasers Were Purchased: Finding out which company produced the clinic’s laser is important as many times you may see two clinics who bought from the same company. Laser companies may provide before and after pictures for the clinics to use meaning multiple clinics have the same before and after gallery that does not even reflect their skill. While they may have a great laser in their facility, it can still be dangerous when handled by the wrong person.
- Look at Reviews and Testimonials: Like we mentioned above, finding reviews and testimonials that are verifiable is crucial to getting a clearer idea of whether the clinic you’re considering is safe or not. If you’re not sure about the reviews you see online don’t be afraid to reach out to your own network and see if someone has experience with any of the clinics you’re considering.
With these four points in mind, we hope you’re able to find the right laser tattoo removal partner! If you’re still concerned about making the right choice, here are a few questions you can ask when looking at different laser clinics.
- What type of laser do you use?
- Is your clinic certified?
- How many treatments do you expect my removal to take?
- How many years of experience do your laser specialists have?
- Can you provide any references?
- What side effects should I expect?
As you seek removal services for your tattoo we hope you’ll use this information to do your due diligence and be able to see through what is fact and what is fiction. Laser tattoo removal is safe and effective when performed by a certified professional.
Call the Tattoo Removal Specialists Today!
Have questions about our experience or our lasers? Or are you ready to schedule your FREE consultation? Get in touch with MEDermis Laser Clinics today by calling our Austin clinic at 512-637-5277, the San Antonio clinic at 210-402-4030, or by filling out our online contact form.