Is Tattoo Removal Right For You?
A majority of people are happy with their tattoos and wear their ink with pride, but sometimes you’re confronted with the tough choice of having your body art removed. There are various reasons why you may have to have your tattoo removed. Maybe you’re unhappy with the artist, your tattoo has lost significance, or you may even be joining the military (more on that later). Whatever your reason may be, we’ve got some steps to help you determine if tattoo removal is the right choice.
After nearly two decades of experience removing tattoos, our team has compiled a solid list of reasons to help clients decide if tattoo removal is right for them. Here are some of the most common signs you should move forward with tattoo removal.
5 Reasons You Should Remove Your Tattoo
We’ve been in business long enough to notice patterns and at the end of the day, most people looking to ditch a tattoo have a similar story. Check out the list below to see if any of these reasons resonate with you.
- It’s a Bad Tattoo: This is super common. Maybe you love tattoos but had an amateur tattoo artist, or they misspelled something or didn’t achieve your artistic vision. Whatever the reason, there’s no shame in having an ugly tattoo removed. Did you know you can have your tattoos removed via laser to make room for a new one?
- Your Ink Lost Its Importance: Another common reason for tattoo removal is to erase the signs of something that has lost its value. This could be an ex-partner, the image of a celebrity you no longer support, or even that awful band you loved in college but now that you’re an adult you’re not as excited by it.
- You Don’t Want It: While many clients come in with a back story, it’s not always the case. Over the years, we’ve seen our fair share of people who simply don’t want a tattoo anymore, and we can help!
- The Ink Has Faded: After years of exposure, tattoos can start to look dull and blurry. Getting your old tattoo removed could make it easier for you to start with a blank canvas for whatever you decide you want next.
- You’re Changing Professions: While more and more businesses are becoming more open to visible ink in the office, it’s not commonplace across all industries. Whether you’re making a career change or getting a promotion laser removal can help make things easier. Some common professions that we see in the clinic are healthcare professionals, police officers, and other law enforcement officials, teachers, and government officials.
Can you identify with any of the five reasons above? If you still need some help determining, here are a few factors that can help you make up your mind. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I like my tattoo? Whenever I notice it, does it make me happy, or do I regret it?
- Do I often forget that I have this tattoo?
- Has the meaning behind this tattoo changed or been lost? Does it represent something to me?
- Does it affect my self-confidence?
- How many times have I thought about removing this tattoo?
- Do I cover my tattoo often?
- Do I feel excited to tell others about the meaning of my tattoo?
Take some time to sit and think about these questions, and you will likely find clarity in the situation. Once you’re sure of your decision and you’re ready to remove forward, there are a few factors that can determine if you’re the right candidate for laser tattoo removal.
If you are not pregnant or planning to get pregnant soon, you’re over 18 or have parental consent, and you’re a patient person, then tattoo removal could be the solution you’re looking for!
The laser tattoo removal process is fairly easy and successful for most clients. Even if you aren’t looking to get rid of your tattoo completely, laser removal can help lighten your unwanted tattoo so that you can have a cover-up or new ink tattooed. It’s also important to remember that laser tattoo removal is not a quick fix option, it will take some time, but following proper procedure and going at a safe space can ensure maximum success and most importantly, your health and safety.
Call the Tattoo Removal Specialists Today!
Have questions about how laser tattoo removal works? Or are you ready to schedule your FREE consultation? Get in touch with MEDermis Laser Clinics today by calling our Austin clinic at 512-637-5277, the San Antonio clinic at 210-402-4030, or by filling out our online contact form.